Monday 16 March 2015

Initial Research:

As the final major project is supposed to be something you really love and want to design so I looked to my Art/Design/Graphics Pinterest board as that has nearly 1000 images of graphic design I admire. I noticed a lot of branding and packaging images so I started thinking of the type of business I wanted to brand.

I was really interested in restaurant branding as it would give me the wide range of design outcomes to choose from and so I began to look at existing restaurant branding...


I have decided that my restaurant will be an Italian-American family run restaurant based in Chicago. But as there are hundreds of Italian restaurants I will have a unique selling point of having some traditional Sicilian dishes that represents the heritage of the 'family' that have run this restaurant for decades. The branding will act as a 'modernisation' of their business to keep up with the competition and appeal to new customers while giving their existing customers a fresh look for the restaurant.


I then collected some images of typography that suited my Italian-American restaurant for some inspiration later in the project...

Here are some italian images that will help set the tone and feel for the restaurant and the branding outcomes...

Menu designs I like the style of...

I really like the colour scheme of green, black and white as it can look very modern and trendy while keeping it simple and have a clear design style...

No comments:

Post a Comment